Measuring Your Dog
Chilly Dogs Inc. has a wide array of sizes in three different categories: All Breed, Long & Lean and Whippet. To ensure your new Chilly Dogs coat fits your dog properly, please take the time to measure correctly. Our coats are not custom made to your dogs’ specifications.
- Use a soft tape measure or wide rope to take the measurements, not a hard straight ruler.
- Your dog must be standing straight with head up. If your dog is lying down or sitting, his/her back dimension will be longer than the actual back length.
- Measure from the base of the neck (just in front of the shoulder blades) to the base of tail. Do not measure from where the collar sits.
- The coat length should be the same or longer by 1 to 2 inches as your dogs’ back length.
- The head circumference and neck length are only required for head muffs.
Start at the base of the neck just in front of the shoulder blades (not from the collar) and go to the base of the tail.
Measure the girth or circumference of the chest at the thickest point.
Horizontal distance across the chest.
Measure the neck girth or circumference at the base of neck.
Measure the circumference of the head and the length of the neck from the top of the head to the base of the neck.
**HEAD MUFF ONLY**